|Car||Blue Toyota Celica TA22|
Barat (Ballarto in Japanese) is a racer and major character who befriends the player in the beginning of Choro Q HG 4.
Barat is an aspiring racer that joins the player in the quest to be the best. He gives the player handy tips on how to co-operate in racing (such as the importance of Tire types). He won't race against the player until he himself challenges the player to a three lap race around Poqui Town. After the player wins, the player gives Barat the keychain chosen at the beginning of the game. Although initially hostile at the idea, Barat keeps the keychain in appreciation of their friendship. Barat joins Team Pomnik for the Grand Prix, and will challenge the player in a Grand Prix.
After a couple of GPs with Barat, Barat suddenly stops racing. Barat's absenses from racing seem suspicious to Norahike, to which he tells the player later that he's at Murtica Hospital. Barat says he's been racing too much. When the player then goes to challenge Otto to a GP, the player returns to the hospital and overhears a conversation between Barat and Murtica. It turns out that Barat has got a serious disease, where his springs became too stiff. While Murtica is gone, the player and Barat argue back and forth, with Barat making a promise: to "steal that cup back" from Otto in the Grand Prix.
During the final round of Otto's Grand Prix, Barat's voice causes the player to follow his/her sixth sense and beat Otto when he is still fast. After the player has won the Grand Prix with Otto, The Announcer comes with news that Barat has passed away. The camera pans over to reveal his spectre flying up to heaven. During the credits, Barat's hospital bed is left empty except for one thing: The player's key chain.
- Welcome! We can't have 1 on 1 competition in normal races. So I came up with this street race idea. We will go around the town's outer street 3 times. You cool with that? OK, let's start!
- (defeated in his trial) Hey! Good job! I didn't know you're that good! I left my guard down too much.
- (after the player said "Well, not really.") I lost, but I'm happy for you.
- Player: Will you accept this as a keepsake of today's race?
- What is this ugly thing? Hey, isn't this that thing you always carry around? Isn't this important to you?
- Player: I want you to have it as our token of friendship.
- OK... I'll take good care of it. You won't beat me next time! Oh!! I'll give you this CD in return! It has my theme song!
- Yo, __________! It's me, Barat. I can't believe you're here! You'll be in this race, right? Wow! Finally, we can race the international course together! I'm so excited!! Honestly, I didn't think you'd make it this far. But I was completely wrong! Hey, the race will start soon! Let's do our best! See you later!
- (defeated in the first Pro Cup race) I can't believe it! You've improved so much! But remember, our competition has just begun. I'll see you again!
- Yo, __________! It's me, Barat. Finally, we're gonna race each other at the Grand Prix! This is great! This is something really amazing!! But I'll win the race! Prepare yourself! Hey, the race will start soon! Let's do our best till the last moment! I'll see you at the podium!
- No! You got me good! I'm going to lose at this rate!
- (if the player defeats him in the GP) No way!! I can't believe you beat me! I let you win this time, but I'll beat you at the next GP. I'll see you again!
- (overtakes the player during Begginers Cup) Ha ha! I'm passing you!
- (overtaken by the player during Begginers Cup) What!? You passed me!
- (overtaken by the player during Begginer Cup) Yaa! So awesome!
- (overtaken by the player during Begginer Cup) Grrr! Makes me so mad!
- (overtakes the player during Begginers Cup) Just stay behind me!
- (overtakes the player during Holiday Cup) Burning! I'm burning!
- (overtakes the player during Holiday Cup) Burn rubber!
- (overtakes the player during Holiday Cup) Not yet! You're goin' down!
- (overtaken by the player during Holiday Cup) Shoot! I don't wanna lose!
- (overtaken by the player in pro cup) ha thats my rival
- (overtakes the player during Pro Cup) Are you a pro? Show some spirit!
- (overtaken by the player during Pro Cup) We'll both drive like pros, kid!
- (overtakes the player during the Grand Prix) Oops! What good driving!
- (overtakes the player during the Grand Prix) Side-by-side. Can't let it up!
- (overtaken by the player during the Pro Cup) Real bad! Very bad!!
- Hey hey hey! Good to see you, __________! You came here to visit me? Thank you. Yeah, I'm having a problem with my gear. I think I was racing too much. But I'll be alright. I'll beat you when we race again. Meanwhile, improve your skill!
- Oh! Hey hey hey! It's you, __________! I heard about it!! You're racing with Otto! Great, great!! Too great!!
- Player: Oh, you knew.
- Everyone's talking about it!
- Player: ......
- What's wrong? Oh! About my disease. Ha ha, I'm not well yet. It's your battle of the century. But I can't go see it.
- Player: I don't know what to say... We raced together...
- You look so gloomy! You think the disease will get me? Idiot! I won't ever let some lame disease get me. When I go down, it'll be on the race course!! I'll race again, and don't forget it. So...make sure you beat Otto! Because I'm the one who'll beat you!
- Player: ..okay, I will!! I'll take down Otto, and bring back the victory cup!
- That's a promise!!
- Player: I promise!! I will win!
- (about to help the player catch up on Otto in the final round of the Grand Prix as a spectre) ... you can't win with this! But listen to me! I know you can win. Close your eyes! Follow your sixth sense! Then you'll see the passage on the course for sure! Trust yourself! Hold the steering wheel tight! Here we go!!
- (passing him before crossing finish line) Can't let you pass me here!
- (overtakes the player during Pro Cup) This is the soul of driving!
- (overtakes player during the Grand Prix) This is my improved driving!
- (overtaken by player during the Grand Prix) Hey you! See my power!
- (overtakes player during the Grand Prix) Tail-to-Nose! Challenge me!
- Balert appears on his hospital room, but this spelling is what the Japanese staffs decided. It is also spelled Balart on the Japanese official website. But his spelling-design was not changed in the North American version and European version as Barat. So this spelling is not Barat's last name or something.
There are other cases like this: the spelling of Brachy that the Japanese staffs decided is Blachee, Poqui is Pok-ee, and Nyaky is Nyakee, but the spellings were not changed in the English-speaking versions. They are seen on the boards in front of the tunnels. The spelling of Ranolfka that the Japanese staffs decided is Lanofka, Pomnik is Pomnic, and Sovass is Sovasso, but the spellings were not changed in the English-speaking versions. They are seen on the roof of the buildings of each team.
- Barat will break the fourth wall if the player says no during his opening cutscene (What! You're supposed to say yes! Otherwise, I can't carry on within the game introduction! Alright, let's start again...)
- At the church, after defeating Otto, the option "I hope Barat gets better," is replaced with "May Barat's soul rest in peace."