Choro-Q Wonderful! (Japanese: チョロＱワンダフォー！) is a PlayStation game developed by E-game inc and published by Takara. The game was sold in Japan only.
You're a Choro-Q that won in the recent World Grand Prix. But one day, you went around the city and you backed up into your garage. Because you didn't know the World Grand Prix Cup was behind you, you broke it carelessly. Soon, your best friend, Rival comes in and says "Hey! What's up? Oh, you don't look ok. The World Grand Prix will be held soon. But, I won't letcha win this year. Your vaunted Cup will be mine... Oh? Where's your vaunted Cup? But it's OK. You can't be lookin' your Cup so long. By the way, you're installin' weak parts. If you entry a race with 'em, you'll fail at the heats around cities. Oops, your petrol tank's just empty. You'd better go to the Q's Factory to be filled up. Later!"
And, in accordance with World Gran Prix tradition, the winner must present the previous WGP trophy to the Mayor of Black City, and so you must travel back in time to get the trophy to avoid breaking it, then beat your rival in this year's World Gran Prix!
Throughout Choro-Q Wondeful. the game's primary rewards system, along with most other things within the game, are similar to Choro-Q HG 2 stamp system. (That is to say, Road Trip Adventure is very similar to Choro-Q Wonderful!).
Treasure Chests: Many treasure chests are dotted throughout the world, these chests typically include the parts which appear within in the game.
No money system: Unlike in Choro-Q HG 2, the monetary system has been completely removed. The player is required to locate Treasure Chests across the world to acquire different parts for their car.
Petrol System: The original Petrol System made a reappearance in Choro-Q Wonderful! You can only refuel by going to the Q's Factory. If your petrol tank reaches the empty state, your vehicle will fall to a very slow state, most likely costing you any chance at a good position within a race (if this has occurred within a race).
Stamps: The original Stamps System has returned in Choro-Q Wonderful!. You have a stamps book given to you at the start of the game and you can obtain stamps by travelling around the cities and completing various tasks.
Time Travel: The original Time Travel System appeared in Choro-Q Wonderful! If you installed the time travel machine, when you reached 300 km/h, you can travel to the past. When you're in the past, you can travel back to the present if you do choose.
Playable Bodies in Choro-Q Wonderful!
|Volkswagen New Beetle|
|Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34)|
|Lamborghini Countach LP400|
|Mitsubishi Pajero (V20)|
When starting a new game, the player is prompted to select from one of six playable bodies: Volkswagen New Beetle, Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34), Honda S2000, Austin Mini, Lamborghini Countach LP400, Mitsubishi Pajero (V20). Unlike other games in the series, however, this is the only opportunity that the player has to select a body, as there is no body shop within the game.
Bodies such as the Isuzu BXD-30, Daihatsu Midget II, Mitsubishi Galant, Buick Roadmaster, Lincoln Futura, Hino Ranger ladder truck, and the Suminoe Flying Feather are unusable, but can be accessed by glitching. However, some of this glitching can cause the game to crash.
Customization is virtually nonexistent outside of changing color. Interchangeable wheel designs, horns, and two-color paintjobs are all absent from the game. Respective changes to the player's vehicle are made when parts such as the Wing Set, Jet Turbine, Big Tyres, and/or when certain engines are equipped, but this is the limited extent to which the appearance can be modified.
- Red City - The starting city in Choro Q Wonderful!, this is a large size city with a marketplace, highway, and a farm atop a hill. The player can access Green Park by traveling across a drawbridge.
- Green Park Green Park is an amusement park built on the highlands. The player can access Yellow Town by a course that leads down the side of the mountain.
- Yellow Town Yellow Town is an old, rural town connected to Black City by a path which is blocked off by a wall. The wall can by opened by ringing a gong located adjacent to it.
- Yellow City is the Present version of Yellow Town.
- Black City Black City is a rich town.
- Gold City is the last version of Yellow Town.
- Blue City is a city that is only in the past, it is the past version of Blue Lake.
- Blue Lake is the modern time version of Blue City.
- Green Town is the Past version of Green Park.
- Green Park is the Present / Future version of Green Town.
- Wonderful is named because this is 4th choro-Q game (of PS1 series). How wonder-4 it is!